Renting a photo booth for your wedding may not be overly complicated, but it is important to follow these steps for a stellar photo booth rental experience—for both you and your guests. Renting a photo booth is a win-win! You get to enjoy the photos, and your guests get a night of making those great shots.
Decide what “other” wedding entertainment you want.
As you plan your Chicago wedding, consider what wedding entertainment fits your special day and guests. Are you dreaming of a big dance? Would you like to see your name in lights? Do you want table games for guests to play before and during dinner? Would you like to give guests who don’t want to dance other ways to enjoy the wedding? What entertainment fits your guest list?
As you decide, think about your guest list so you can choose the wedding entertainment that fits your big day. The entertainment for an adult-only wedding is usually markedly different than a wedding with kids. You may also want to include wedding entertainment that fits with your wedding theme or heritage for a unique twist.
Research Chicago photo booth rental companies.
Once you have a clear list of wedding entertainment, including a photo booth rental, start researching companies for the rental. Often, this list can get shorter if you choose companies that offer multiple services, such as a wedding DJ company that offers DJ services, lighting, and photo booth rentals.
Before contacting any companies or signing a contract, research potential companies in Chicago and make sure they are reputable. There are several ways you can research the companies: 1) by asking friends and family 2) browsing through social media sites 3) reading online reviews. Researching companies shouldn’t take too long, but you should feel confident that your short list of companies has provided satisfactory services to many Chicago couples over the years (and will do the same for you).
Ask the photo booth rental companies key questions.
As you contact Chicago photo booth rental companies, ask each Chicago photo booth company questions that give you an idea of the cost and what to expect:
- What size photo booths do you offer? Is your equipment durable?
- What is the cost of the photo booth? Is it per hour or a set cost per event?
- Do you deliver to my venue? Are there any delivery fees?
- When is payment due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Are there any back-up photo booth units in case of a breakdown? Who do we contact in case of a breakdown?
- Do you provide any photo booth props?
- Do you offer any other services? Can I rent the photo booth as part of a package?
Read the fine print.
Before signing on the dotted line, always read the contract fine print to ensure you are getting a quality photo booth and that there are no hidden costs. Start thinking about photo booth prop ideas and get ready to enjoy some really crazy fun photos!
A wedding photo booth is one form of wedding entertainment
that can be customized to be completely YOU. The best way to set your photo
booth apart from a bunch of generic selfies is to stock a costume box full of
fun photo booth props.
Photo Booth Tips
- Choose photo booth props that fit with the wedding atmosphere.
- Always rent a reliable photo booth unit to avoid breakdowns and headaches (use these tips to select a quality photo booth for the big day).
- Designate someone in charge of troubleshooting any photo booth problems so you can enjoy your wedding day (or rent a photo booth unit with a staff member who can troubleshoot any issues).
- Strategically position the photo booth at the wedding venue so there is a natural flow of guests and you get lots of shots.
- Make (fun) signs that direct guests to the photo booth.
- Select the right backdrop that fits with the style of your special day.
- Include social media hashtag in your photo booth props.
- Make sure your photo booth props are sturdy so the props don’t look worn in late night shots.
Photo Booth Prop
- Top Hats
- Feather Boas
- Paper Fans
- Bow ties
- Hearts (strung together or individual)
- Frames (choose styles that fit with the wedding
- Masquerade Masks
- Mardi Gras Beads
- Hawaiian Leis
- Large Playing Cards
- Foam Fingers
- 4-Leaf Clovers
- Magnifying Glass
- Pirate Hat
- Mickey Mouse Ears
- Cowboy Hats
- Frame with Wedding Date
- Large Letters & Numbers
- Chalkboard (for customizable messages)
- Sticks/signs with cute sayings in dialogue bubble
(“I’m just here for the cake!”)
- Sticks/signs with wedding hashtag
Party entertainment can make or break an event. It can also make it memorable—and produce unforgettable mementos, especially in the case of a photo booth (who hasn’t made funny faces in a photo booth?). Renting a photo booth can take any kind of event to the next level, including (but not limited to!):
- Anniversary party
- Birthday party (sweet 16, 30th, etc.)
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Corporate events
Tips for selecting a photo booth company
It’s all the rage to make your own photo booth right now, but that’s a decision that can be risky if something goes wrong—and it’s a lot more work. Renting a photo booth has a better chance of success if you are picky about your photo booth rental.
Choose a company that can provide references.
Research your photo booth rental company before you confirm your rental. Check out their social media page reviews, and ask for references when you request information about renting a photo booth.
Make sure you’re renting photo booths that are reliable.
Not all photo booths are created equal. Contact your photo booth rental company and ask for information about the photo booth you are interested in renting (remember, there is more than one type), the reliability of the equipment, and any extras included in the photo booth rental (i.e. An Enchanted Evening provides a scrap book and video messaging). Asking all these questions limits your chances of break downs at your event, and gives you all the information you need to make an informed photo booth rental.
Ask about back-ups.
Ask your photo booth rental company if they have a back-up plan just in case something goes wrong with the equipment at your event. Break downs do happen, and that’s why it’s important to use a photo booth rental company with back-up equipment. Add that to your list of questions when you contact the photo booth company—and be ready for the fun that ensues (and the pictures of the fun) from your photo booth rental.