Wedding entertainment is about more than hiring the best DJ in Chicago. Obviously, that is a BIG part of a memorable wedding reception, but there are the “other” times to plan for, too. Guests need to be entertained before the bride and groom arrive, while they wait for dinner and the dance, and for those moments when they need a break from their dancing shoes. The obvious choice—and the solution that keeps guests at their table and ready for dinner—are wedding reception table games.
Of course, if you want to make those in-between times more fun, bring your DJ into the conversation (and make sure you have a pro that’s up to the task). They can make announcements, coordinate games, and basically make the night more fun for everyone.
- Trivia (i.e. related to the theme, about the couple, etc.)
- I Spy
- Word Search
- Wedding Hash Tag Game (i.e have them post photos with the wedding hash tag to social media)
- Mad-libs Wedding Style
- Find a guest with…
- Bride or Groom Guessing Game (for a funny photo, ask the DJ to play the game as a group give the guests signs they can hold up)
- Wedding cootie catchers
- Marriage Advice Cards
- Request Cards
- Photo Booth Props (that they can model and take to the photo booth)
- Date Idea Cards
- Tic Tac Toe
- Coloring Sheets
- White Play Clay (that doesn’t stain)
- Simpler versions of adult trivia, crossword, etc.