Wedding planning involves an endless list of questions. It can be overwhelming—unless you remember that every decision gets you one step closer to busting a move at an epic wedding reception dance (and so do these wedding dance tips). We’ve met and talked with many engaged couples facing big decisions about their wedding reception; that’s why we’ve crafted a list that helps soon-to-be newlyweds make the decisions that puts them one step closer to an impressively-planned and memorable wedding reception dance.
- What is our favorite type of music? What songs do we absolutely want to hear? (Piece those songs in the ultimate playlist for your DJ or band.)
- What songs do we hate? What type of music do we NOT want played at our wedding? (Use these tips to craft a ‘do not play list’ for your wedding reception.)
- Should we hire a band or DJ? What is our budget for wedding entertainment? (This pros and cons list can help you with your decision.)
- How do we want to enter the wedding reception dance? (Pick one of these awesome wedding entrance ideas!)
- Are there any surprises we want to plan for our guests? (Personalize one of these epic wedding dance surprise ideas.)
- What is our first dance song? (Don’t have a clear favorite? Use these tips for choosing the right first dance song.)
- What song do we want for our father and daughter dance?
- What song do we want for our mother and son dance?
- Do we want to play games at the wedding reception? What games do we want to request? (We’ve got a list of possible wedding dance games for you to peruse as well.)
- What late night course should we serve? What’s our favorite idea for food (or what fits with the wedding theme)?
- What other entertainment do we want to include in the wedding reception? (Use this list to select the right table games and other awesome wedding entertainment, like a photo booth.)
- Do we have wedding entertainment planned for the kids? (If not, check out this list of entertainment for your younger guests.)
If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to put the proverbial shoe on the other foot; use this list of questions to interview your wedding entertainment (DJ!) and get one dance step closer to an unforgettable wedding reception.